Water Removal and Restoration
Water is the leading cause of property loss. Water is everywhere – in our pipes, in the ground around our property, in our drains, flowing off the roof—and it is highly likely that your property will sustain damage from water at some point. Most claims of damage from water begin with a small leak.
Damage from water is the 2nd most frequent insurance claim in the United States and totals around $11 billion dollars annually.
If left untreated, that small leak could turn into a big problem when it comes to your health and personal property. Let the experts at Rumsey Construction and Restoration handle your problem day or night. With our employees available 24/7, we are always ready to take care of your water repair needs.
When it comes to restoration, you don’t want to take any chances. Any area that sustains damage from water and is not completely dry within 72 hours is likely to grow mold. It can grow within 24 to 48 hours and can colonize in under 12 days. The presence of mold can not only devalue your home or damage your property, but it can cause major health problems. While it may seem like a common cold, mold can become fatal for individuals with weak immune systems or those who are already in poor medical condition. In the end, not doing anything about water in your home is more expensive that remediating the damage in a timely manner.
When damage happens, it may seem like the end of the world, but it isn’t! Fortunately, something can be done. Rumsey Construction and Restoration has extensive experience with water – you’d be amazed at what we can do! The most important thing is to get help immediately as the longer the water sits, the more damage it will cause. We’re standing by for your call 24 hours a day.
Steps To Restoring Property After Damage From Water
Rumsey Construction and Restoration has gained a reputation as the restoration experts in South Carolina and North Carolina. Here’s our formula for remediating damage from water in your home or business.
1. When you call Rumsey Construction and Restoration, we rush to the scene of the damage immediately no matter what the time of day or night. That way we can contain the damage as much as possible.
2. Once we arrive, the first step is to find the source of the water and make sure that no more water is leaking or seeping in.
3. Once we’ve stopped the flow, we extract out the water as quickly as possible using commercial grade extractors. We also clean away silt and sterilize grey or black water damaged areas (i.e. sewage).
4. We then begin drying the area immediately to prevent mold growth. We set up commercial fans and large dehumidifiers to dry the area as quickly as possible.
5. Once everything is dry we use thermal detectors to determine what needs to be restored and what is okay the way it is. Often dry wall and carpeting cannot be salvaged if it remained wet for too long.
6. After removing damaged items, we restore your home to its original condition – rebuilding walls and ceilings, restoring flooring, structural damage and repainting.
Remember: up to 93% of the cost of damage from water could have been prevented with proper leak management.
Whether you’re in the Queen City of North Carolina, the Capital of South Carolina, or anywhere in between, don’t hesitate to contact us for all of your water repair needs.