Nobody plans on having water damage in their Columbia home. What can you anticipate when the unexpected occurs? Water damage cleanup is our area of expertise here at Rumsey Construction and Restoration, and understanding the procedures for cleaning up water damage will make the entire process appear less difficult for you.
Columbia Water Damage Cleanup
Knowing what to expect when the unexpected happens will bring you peace of mind, so here is a breakdown of the water damage cleanup process from start to finish.
- Initial Inspection: As soon as you notice water damage, you should call a water damage cleanup company. Since most companies have an emergency number, you can call any time of day or night. The company will be able to respond to your water damage emergency in a timely manner. They will send a trained expert to assess the situation and perform an initial inspection of the damage. During the inspection, they will determine the source of the water, the scope of the damage, and the course of action that must be taken to get it cleaned up as quickly as possible.
- Water Extraction: Getting the water removed right away will mitigate any further damage as well as problems and provide the best possible outcome for your home and belongings. The longer the water remains in the affected area, the worse the damage will be. Water extractors and pumps may be required for extensive water damage cases. Water damage cleanup companies have access to the equipment required to remove the water quickly and thoroughly.
- Structural Drying: Drying everything out and removing excess moisture absorbed by materials is the most crucial step if you want to prevent secondary problems, like mold growth, from arising. Using air movers, dehumidifiers, and moisture-monitoring equipment, trained professionals will be able to completely dry out the area. Sometimes carpets may need to be removed, or pieces of drywall cut out in order to get everything completely dried. The entire drying process is closely monitored during water damage cleanup to ensure that no moisture is left behind.
- Repair And Reconstruction When Necessary: Final repairs, rebuild, and reconstruction can begin once the water is entirely gone and the area is cleaned. If parts of your home need to be replaced or rebuilt, water damage companies will make sure that it is done quickly and correctly. Sometimes water damage cleanup entails replacing drywall, repairing flooring, repainting walls, and any other necessary repairs to return your home to its pre-loss condition.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: The final step is making sure that you are satisfied with the results and that the water damage has been cleaned up entirely.
When you let Rumsey handle your water damage cleanup, you can rest assured that we will provide quality craftsmanship, attention to detail, superior customer service, and practical solutions that are suited to your needs and budget. We understand that water damage catches you unexpectedly, but you can expect Rumsey to provide outstanding water damage cleanup for your home.